Mother’s knows best, moms are the one you run to and cry on to. But you don’t realize that she alone got a huge problem on how to manage every conflict that will come on your family. Moms are the superwoman of the house and moms will make sure everything is going to be alright.
Relationships are constantly changing and evolving, conflict is a natural part of the evolution. The best way to resolved conflict at home is critical for maintaining a healthy family relationships and creating a better way of communication between the people involved.
There are a lot of conflicts that will come along the way, that’s for sure. It’s a matter of how to handle things properly in order for a peaceful harmony at home.
Conflict management tips
- Keep it to yourselves
- Avoid arguing in front of your children, the argument that you will have with your husband is for the both of you only. Once your kids saw or heard the argument it can affect them instantly, they will think that the bond is no longer working out. Try to resolve the issue alone with your partner.
- Save heated discussions for behind closed doors, keep it a secret as long as you can. Have a conversation with your partner on a private place.
- Make time to discuss the problems when your kids are not at home – for instance you kids are at school or at their grandparents house, grab that opportunity to clear things out.
- Let your children see that you sort things out constructively
- Take turns in talking and listening. Communication is the key.
- Be polite and be respectful.
- Try to understand your partner’s feelings or point of view. It’s one way of respecting and making you realize where he is coming from.
- Share your feelings with your husband. Remember he is always there to listen.
- Assume that your partner want to settle things outs.
- Brainstorm for tons of solution.
- Let your children know that it’s not them
- Be honest with your children that the problem between you and your partner are not because of them.
- Let them know that you are doing your best to solve the problem.
- Encourage your partner to have a peaceful harmony at home.
- Focus on positive relationship
- Make time for the whole family.
- Have a conversation about each one’s life.
- Make them feel love.
Remember that conflict is natural to every relationship – it is very normal. But always bare in your mind that the most important thing is how you handle and face it. You are the superhero in the eyes of your kids, be strong.